Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome!

Hello! 
We should probably introduce ourselves to you, if you don't know us already.  We are Shanna Patterson and Amanda Nicholas, Co-Facilitators of the North Star Cluster, which serves foster families in Lehi, Cedar Hills, and Alpine. 
We have been friends for eons.
Shanna was asked to facilitate the cluster and she asked me, Amanda, to help her with it. Seeing as how we did *almost* everything together, I said yes. It has been a good experience and has enabled both of us to meet some really wonderful people.

I'll give you a little run down on our families and why we started this little bloggy.

My name is Amanda. I am the proud momma of five stinkles, all of whom we adopted from foster care. I've been married to my best friend for almost 11 years. We started this foster care rodeo about 3 1/2 years ago. It has completely changed our lives and how we view a lot of things.I like being with my whanau, reading mommy blogs, listening to country music very loud, much to the dismay of all the *men* in my household, and love being able to laugh with all my girls.

I'll tell you a little bit about Shanna while I wait patiently for her to tell you about her family. :)
Shanna has been married to Verle for, um, a while. :) 8 years? She has adopted two children from foster care (biological siblings to three of my kidlets) and just had a beautiful baby boy. She has been part of foster care for about 3 1/2 years also. 

  We started this blog in hopes to connect with more of our foster families that we serve. We hope it can be a fun, helpful place and occasionally provide a good idea or two. :) 

If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments, please let us know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment